Friday 23 November 2012

Ancillary task feedback

When I did my drafts for my digipaks, my target market said that they liked one of the fonts that I used called 'freehand' because it linked with the feminine style of my artist. I took into account this feedback and used this font for my digipak and poster to create continuity. They also said that they liked the front cover image of my artist which is why I chose to use it for my digipak final. They suggested that I could change the inside left pane image so I changed it and put a black and white effect on it which looked better. I feel the black and white effect makes it look slightly different so that the digipak does not look like a single release and looks like an album.

Here are some comments from my target market about the final drafts of my ancillary task, after taking into account their advice:

Chloe Price (17 year old female)

I really like all of these designs. I think the picutres you have used are really good as they help to promote the artist. The information that you have included informs the reader but doesnt dominate the page still making it eye-catching and standout. I think my favourite design is the one that has been uploaded most recently as it promtes her style of music and her as an artist as its fun and exciting, in the way she is posed. The colours used work well together and standout from the main image. I like the fact the style matches the digi pack design as this links them together and clearly shows the audiance that this song is featured in the album. Very good!!! :)

Kasey Thomas (17 year old female)

I really like all of the posters presented, however my favourite is the first because although you can see the artist you can't see her face which I think is very effective. All of the posters are very lovely but they could be improved by using more femine fonts because it is too advertise a female artist. The album is also successful due to it all linking together and I feel the black and white panes work well with the other panes.

No comments:

Post a Comment