Saturday 24 November 2012

Second draft filming reflection

When re filming the first 17 seconds we had some issues because there were road works down the road which were not there when we filmed first, meaning we had to turn the camera in the other direction. We had to go closer to the corner in the road meaning it was very hard to shoot without a car being in the background. Once I began to edit this new footage, I realised that the original footage was a much higher quality and it was much clearer, therefore I used the original footage. Unfortunatley, I did not adjust the focus on the camera lense which is why some parts looked more blurry. I didn't have time to re film this because I did not want to fall behind on my evaluation deadline, plus I don't think it was a major problem because when I put it all together, as a whole it looked successful. If I got the chance to do this again I would make sure the camera is in focus before, everytime I film.

Filming in the cafe was successful because it was empty when we did it so didn't have to get anyone's permission apart from the owner. This meant that we didn't have any interuptions of disturbances through the filming. The main reason why I wanted to film in the cafe when it was empty is to emphasise her being on her own. I then chose to film at the train station because I feel these are quite lonely places. The train station filming was also successful although it started to get busy as a train was due to come, however we had already completed our filming by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment