Tuesday 23 October 2012

Digipak drafts




Draft 1: I really like the image on the front cover here. The medium close up promotes the artist well and the fact that she is looking directly at the camera, makes the audience feel like she is directly addressing them making it more personal to them. I feel the scripted, handwriting font fits with Taylor Swift's girly style. I like how the artist is positioned to the right on the back cover because the lyrics look well positioned and they are not covering up the artist as they would if she was positioned in the middle of the frame. I may think about changing the font on my back cover to the same font used on my front cover to show continuity. The left inside image does not work well because the audience will not be able to see her face and therefore will not promote her properley.  However, the right inside image works well because the guitar fits in with the instrumental parts of the song which is why I have chosen to use this particular prop. Also I like how her body is slightly dark with the background being lighter because it makes her stand out more and the audience can see her straight away. She is positioned well in the centre of the frame with the lyrics to the side of her. To balance this out more, I may choose an image which has the artist on the right side instead of in the centre. Overall I feel this is a successful draft because the same locations provide continuity and ensures the artist know that it is all from the same artist from the same album. 
  
Draft 2: This draft has the same front cover image as the other drafts but I have looked at a different font for 'Taylor Swift'. The back image is also different and I like the unique idea of what she is doing in this photo. However I feel that this image doesn't go as well with the front image as the other image with her standing against the tree. The image on the left inside with her looking down works quite well but I may choose one where she is looking at the camera, in order to promote her more.

Draft 3: This draft includes a different font for the front cover. I am not sure on using this font because it doesn't fit with the style I am trying to get across.



Draft 4: This draft includes a more script font. I'm unsure on the font used here because I feel it is hard to read in some places, especially when it is smaller on the back cover.
Draft 5: This draft is one of my favourites. The font is perfect for the style I am trying to get across and the outline effect makes it stand out even more. I need to ensure that the brightness' for the front and back cover are the same. I may also think about changing her outfit of location for the inside, or just changing the effects on the images I have taken in order to make the inside look slightly different but not too different.

No comments:

Post a Comment