Wednesday 24 October 2012

First draft editing reflection

Within the editing process, I started off looking at the different transitions I could use to make the video flow better and move from each location/scene in a smooth and professional way. I knew what I was looking for from the beginning- I didn't want anything too bold or too young looking because it needs to appeal to a young adult audience. I used a number of transitions such as cross dissolves, additive dissolves,  dip to colour dissolves and different image effects such as black and white. I felt these editing effects were appropriate for my video because it linked in with the style I wanted to achieve and made the video have a completed and professional look.

However I did have the issue that in some areas of my music video, I did not film enough footage before and after the part that I needed, meaning that it was difficult to add a transition in for it. However I overcame this problem by choosing other suitable transitions which fitted. If I still have this problem when I come to do my second draft, I may have to think about filming some parts again.

Overall I felt this was a very successful process because it made my music video look polished.

No comments:

Post a Comment